The mission of QS is to enable motivated people around the world to fulfill their potential by fostering international mobility, educational achievement, and career development. To achieve our Mission, we make services available through our website and mobile applications.2. Contact
[DOMAIN ADDRESS] is a site operated by QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 02563879 and have our registered office at 1 Tranley Mews, Fleet Road, London NW3 2DG..
3. Scope and Intent
3.1 Becoming a Site User. You agree that by using our websites or mobile applications and any other current or future websites or mobile applications (collectively “Websites”), or by accessing, viewing, downloading, or otherwise using any of the information or services on our Websites, you become a QS Website user (“Site User”). If you do not wish to become a Site User, do not use any of our Websites or access, view, download, or otherwise use any of the information or services on our Websites.
3.2 Data Storage Location: All your data are stored in the following location:
Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL, Niederlassung Deutschland, Marcel-Breuer-Str. 12, 80807 München, Deutschland.
3.3 Becoming a Registered User. You agree that to use or access certain information, products, or services on the Websites, and/or any other current and future digital products and service offerings we make available via registration, including any products and services provided in collaboration with our partners (all collectively the “Services”), you are required to create an account with QS and become a QS registered user (“Registered User”). You accept that becoming a Registered User via any one of the Websites or Services may automatically provide you access and means to use other Websites or Services available at this time and any new Websites or Services that we create in the future as further defined below. If you do not wish to become a Registered User, do NOT create an account on any of our Websites and do not access, view, download, or otherwise use any of the Services. By creating an account you consent to use electronic signatures and acknowledge your creation of an account as one. You may delete your account at any time by logging into your user profile and deleting your account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.4 By becoming a Registered User, you confirm that you are over 16 years of age and work at a university or an institution, or a higher education place.
3.5 By becoming a Registered User, you agree to receive newsletters or up-to-date information or any other marketing or non-marketing information from MoveON Global Hub and the associated websites.
3.6 By becoming a Registered User, you agree that by opting in receive information from schools, colleges, and universities part of the website through the functionalities available in the MoveON Global Hub website and its associated website.
3.7 By becoming a Registered User, you agree that to Media partners and 3rd party permission within either the account creation and/or event registration process you are indicating your consent to receive information from our media partners and other 3rd party opportunities.
3.8 Single Sign-On Service. QS may offer Registered Users a single sign-on service (“SSS”) that allows QS Users to access two or more Services using a single sign-on process. QS Users acknowledge that the Services covered by the SSS are entirely at the discretion of QS and may change at any time. After the registration, the SSS will allow the QS User to access other Services without going through a separate registration and log-in process each time. After successfully registering on one Service, the QS User will be able to log in via any other Service with his or her sign-in credentials. And if already logged in to one of the Services, the User will be able to immediately use all other Services without additional log-in procedures (subject to the respective Service requiring any further actions). Use of the SSS is covered by the Agreement and the QS User acknowledges that each Service accessed by the SSS may have its specific additional terms and conditions. These additional terms and conditions will be available on the Service and the QS User acknowledges and accepts any such additional terms and conditions as part of his or her use of the SSS.
4.1 Applicable laws and this Agreement
You must comply with all applicable laws, the Agreement, as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice, and the policies and processes explained in the following sections:
You own the information or you have the right to provide that information in the capacity that you are associated at the institution or university or any legal entity to provide QS under this Agreement and may request its deletion at any time unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other Site Users and/or QS Users. Additionally, you grant QS a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sub-licensable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to QS, including, but not limited to, any user-generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques or data to the Websites or Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or any third parties.
By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights.
If your university has already registered for MoveONLite, QS might have to share your contact details, including your First Name, Last Name and email address, to your university's MoveONLite instance administrator. If you do not agree, discontinue the registration.
4.2 Service Eligibility
To be eligible to use the Websites and/or the Services, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you: (1) are not currently restricted from the Website and/or the Services, or not otherwise prohibited from having a QS account, (2) are not a competitor of QS or are not using the Website and/or the Services for reasons that compete with QS; (3) will only maintain one QS account at any given time; (4) have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party; (5) will not violate any rights of QS, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and (6) agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, and internet access necessary to use the Website and/or Services.
4.3 Sign-In Credentials
You agree to (1) Keep your password secure and confidential; (2) not permit others to use your QS User account; (3) refrain from using other QS User accounts; (4) refrain from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring your QS User account to another party. Further, you are responsible for anything that happens through your QS User account until you close down your QS User account or prove that your QS User account security was compromised due to no fault of your own. To close your QS User account, please log in to your MoveON Global Hub account or contact email@example.com.
You indemnify us and hold us harmless for all damages, losses, and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (1) your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, (2) any content you submit to the Websites or Services, and (3) any activity in which you engage on or through QS, the Websites or the Services.
4.5 Notify us of acts contrary to the Agreement
If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement under any mandatory law, you agree to provide us with the detailed and substantiated explanation of your reasons in writing at least 30 days before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation, though we are under no obligation to do so.
4.6 Notifications and Service Messages
For purposes of service messages and notices about the Services to you, QS may place a banner notice across its pages to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to this Agreement.
Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from QS to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that QS may communicate and market to you through email, mobile number, telephone, text, or delivery services including the postal service about your QS User account or Websites and Services associated with QS. Please log in to your QS User account and review your settings to control what kind of messages you receive from QS. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to do so or to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Websites or Services.
QS offers various forums on our Websites and Services where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics. QS also enables the sharing of information by allowing Site Users and QS Users to post updates, comment on articles, and QS blogs.
Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Site Users and/or QS Users, and QS cannot guarantee that other Site Users and/or QS Users will not use the ideas and information that you share on our Websites, Services, forums, blogs, posts comments and articles.
Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to any QS Services or Websites. QS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A SITE USER’S OR QS USER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN ANY QS WEBSITES, SERVICES, FORUMS, BLOGS, POST COMMENTS, AND ARTICLES COMMENTS.
4.9 Contributions to Our Websites
By submitting ideas, suggestions, posts, comments, articles ("Contributions") to QS through its Websites or Services, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) QS is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, concerning the Contributions; (c) QS shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) QS may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) you irrevocably assign to QS all rights to your Contributions; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from QS under any circumstances.
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the Do’s and Don’ts, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable license and right to access the Websites and/or Services, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or application (but not through scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without the express written consent of QS), view information and use the Websites and/or Services that we provide on QS webpages and under this Agreement. Any other use of QS contrary to our mission and purpose (to enable motivated people around the world to fulfill their potential by fostering international mobility, educational achievement, and career development) is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in QS and all related items, including any copies made of our websites.6. OUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
6.1 Services Availability
For as long as QS continues to offer the Services, QS shall provide and seek to update, improve, and expand the Services. As a result, we allow you to access our websites as it may exist and be available on any given day and have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue our websites, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices for all or part of the Services for you or all our users in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. QS further reserves the right to withhold, remove and or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by QS to be contrary to this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, QS has no obligation to store, maintain, or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Users provide when using the Services.
6.2 Third Party Sites and Developers
QS may include links to third-party web sites (“Third Party Sites”) on the Websites and/or Services. QS also enables third party developers (“Platform Developers”) to create applications (“Platform Applications”) that provide features and functionality using data and developer tools made available by QS through its developer platform.
QS is not responsible for and does not endorse any features, content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from Third Party Sites or Platform Applications.
6.3 Disclosure of Site User and QS User Information
You acknowledge consent and agree that we may access, preserve, and disclose your registration and any other information you provide if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary for our opinion to (1) comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this Agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a Site User, QS User, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of QS, our Site Users, QS Users or the public.
6.4 Interactions with other Site Users and QS Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Site Users and QS Users. QS reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other members and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if QS determines, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce this Agreement.
6.5 changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT, THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DO NOT RELY ON QS, ANY INFORMATION THEREIN, OR ITS CONTINUATION. WE PROVIDE THE PLATFORM FOR QS AND ALL INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. QS DOES NOT CONTROL OR VET USER GENERATED CONTENT FOR ACCURACY. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED OR HARMED BY QS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO QS, YOU MAY CLOSE YOUR QS ACCOUNT AND TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT AND SUCH TERMINATION SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
QS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (POSTING OF ANSWERS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT). BESIDES, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. ANY MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY DESCRIBED OR USED ON OUR WEBSITES OR SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO HAVE LICENSED SUCH MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY TO US.
QS DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS USING ITS WEBSITES OR SERVICES, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS WEBSITES OR SERVICES BY OTHER USERS; THEREFORE, QS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
QS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES IT PROVIDES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES MAY BE INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR SYSTEM OR NETWORK FAILURES. QS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. FURTHERMORE, QS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY MALFUNCTIONING, IMPOSSIBILITY OF ACCESS, OR POOR USE CONDITIONS OF THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DISTURBANCES RELATED TO INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, TO THE SATURATION OF THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON.
SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT, THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Neither QS nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, employees, shareholders, or directors (“QS Affiliates”) shall be cumulatively liable for (a) any damages above US $100 or (b) any special, incidental, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages or loss of use, profit, revenue or data to you or any third person arising from your use of the Websites, Services, any platform applications or any of the content or other materials on, accessed through or downloaded from our Websites. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between the parties and without it, the terms and prices charged would be different. This limitation of liability shall:
Apply regardless of whether (1) you base your claim on contract, tort, statute, or any other legal theory, (2) we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or (3) the limited remedies provided in this section fail of their essential purpose; and
Not apply to any damage that QS may cause you intentionally or knowingly in violation of this Agreement or applicable law, or as otherwise mandated by applicable law that cannot be disclaimed from in this Agreement.
9.1 Mutual rights of termination
You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to QS. This notice will be effective upon QS processing your notice. QS may terminate the Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. Termination of your QS account includes disabling your access to our Websites and/or Services and may also bar you from any future use of our Websites and/or Services at our sole discretion.
9.2 Misuse of the Services
QS may restrict, suspend, or terminate the account of any Site User or QS User who abuses or misuses the Websites or Services. Misuse of the Websites or Services includes inviting other Site Users or QS Users with whom you do not know to connect; creating multiple or false profiles; using the Websites or Services commercially without QS’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, violating any of the Do’s and Don’ts, or any other behavior that QS, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose.
9.3 Effect of Termination
Upon the termination of your QS account, you lose access to the Websites and/or Services. The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination, except “Your Rights” and 4.a-b, and “Our Rights and Obligations” hereof.
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified to render it enforceable and effective to the maximum extent possible to effect the intent of the provision; and if a court or arbitrator finds the modified provision invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected in any way.
10.3 Notices and Service of Process
You may contact us here.
1 Tranley Mews Fleet Road, London, NW3 2DG, United Kingdom
Additionally, QS accepts service of process at this address. Any notices that you provide without compliance with this section on Notices shall have no legal effect.
10.4 Entire Agreement
You agree that this Agreement constitutes the entire, complete, and exclusive agreement between you and us regarding the Websites and Services and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other QS services, third-party content, or third-party software.
10.5 Amendments to this Agreement
10.6 Potential Other Rights and Obligations
You may have rights or obligations under local law other than those enumerated here if you are located outside the United Kingdom.
11. SITE USER AND QS USER “DOS” and “DON’TS.”
As a condition to becoming a Site User or QS User, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, address, or other confidential information;
- Review and comply with notices sent by QS concerning the Websites and/or Services; and
- Use the Websites and/or Services in a professional manner.
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally by engaging in unprofessional behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content to our Websites or Services;
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on any form (e.g. do not include a link or an email address in the name field);
- Create a user account for anyone other than a natural person;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Upload a profile image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo;
- Use or attempt to use another's account without authorization or create a false identity on QS;
- Add to a content field content that is not intended for such field (i.e. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses, or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by QS);
- Publish information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Publish content that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or other proprietary rights;
- Publish any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Promote, publish, add, insert or paste software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of QS or any Site User or QS User;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Websites or Services;
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople to create a pyramid scheme or other similar practices;
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on QS (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in this Agreement;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Websites or Services, or any part thereof;
- Utilize or copy information, content, or any data you view on and/or obtain from QS to provide any service that is competitive, in QS’s sole discretion, with QS;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by QS unless you have entered into a written agreement with QS (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited QS trainer if you have not been certified by QS as such);
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on QS or technology underlying the Websites or Services, or other Site Users’ or QS Users’ content, in whole or part;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to QS or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize a QS Website or Service, or any other service or functionality of QS, without the express written permission of QS;
- Deep-link to our Websites or Services for any purpose unless expressly authorized in writing by QS;
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Websites or Services, including any of their licensors;
- Remove, cover, or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on QS;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from QS except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- Share information of non-Users without their express consent;
- Infringe or use QS brand, logos, and/or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “QS, Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd” in any business name, email, or URL or including trademarks and logos except as provided in the Brand Guidelines or as expressly permitted by QS;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained on our Websites or Services;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access our Websites or Services, add or download contacts, or perform other activities through our Websites or Services, unless explicitly permitted by QS;
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, our Websites or Services for purposes of monitoring our availability, performance, or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of our Websites or Services;
- Attempt to or access our Websites or Services by any means other than through the interfaces provided by QS using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access our Websites or Services using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services;
- Attempt to or override any security component included in or underlying our Websites or Services;
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on QS’s infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications, attempting to gain unauthorized access to our Websites or Services, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on our Websites or Services; and
- Interfere with or disrupt or game QS, the Websites, or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to QS, in particular, QS's search algorithms.
12. COMPLAINTS REGARDING CONTENT POSTED ON OUR WEBSITES
Accordingly, this Agreement requires that information posted by Site Users and QS Users be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. To promote these objectives, QS provides a process for submission of complaints concerning content posted by our Site Users and QS Users. Complaints can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.